Key benefits of a 30-minute power nap include:
- Improve alertness and stamina
- Increase your productivity and motor performance
- Reduces stress
- Elevate your mood
- Conscious memory improvement
A drawback to normal napping and using an alarm to wake you up
When you wake up to an alarm in the morning after a full nights sleep, you can feel quite groggy with impaired alertness, which is referred to as ‘sleep inertia'. The negative effects of sleep inertia, are generally stronger the longer you have been asleep.
During normal sleep, your brainwave frequencies will move up and down through a curved cycle, which is often quoted as lasting around 90 minutes. If your alarm goes off while you are down the bottom of this sleep cycle, you will be trying to wake up while your brain and body are in a very deeply relaxed state, which isn't an easy thing to do and it takes quite a while to fully wake up from this state.
In an ideal world, you'll want to wake up when your dominant brainwave frequency is right near the top of this sleep cycle because it's much easier to wake up and you'll be able to become fully alert much faster.
The same thing applies to a power nap. You can reduce the negative effects of sleep inertia from a nap if you can wake up with your brainwave frequency up in the more alert state of Beta.
The benefits of using isochronic tones to power nap
- Makes it easier to fall asleep, by stimulating your brainwaves down to a more relaxed frequency state
- During the last 3 minutes of the session, th frequency of the tones is gradually increased up to 12Hz in Beta. This helps to overcome the problem of ‘sleep inertia' and the recovery period you normally need after a nap.
7 Different Background Tracks Included
You get the 7 Mp3s listed below, so you can choose the sound that suits your mood. Each contains the exact same frequency session, but with an alternative background option.
Here is a short demo of each version:
|Deep Relax:||Deep Relax|
|Deep Relax 2:||Deep Relax 2|
|Deep Space:||Deep Space|
|Om Mantra:||Om Mantra|
|Shimmering Ambience:||Shimmering Ambience|
|Wind Chimes with Light Wind:||Wind Chimes, Light Wind|
|Just Tones (no soundtrack):||Just Tones|
Note: Laptop speakers are usually too small to produce enough bass to hear the entrainment tones effectively. So for better sound quality and results, we recommend using external speakers or headphones.
Get Theta Power Nap on Mp3 – instant download
Download the full high-quality Mp3 versions of ‘Theta Power Nap' and listen to them anytime you wish on:
- Cell/Mobile Phones
- iPad, iPods etc.
- Mp3 player
- Or burn them to a CD
* Note: You will not be able to download the mp3 music files ‘directly' to iPhones or iPads because of limitations with those devices. For info on how to get the MP3 file onto iPhones and iPads, please click here.
Power napping tips
Napping in the dark works best. If you're not able to nap in a dark room, use an eye mask to help block out the light.
Try to get warm – sleep studies have shown that while we sleep better at night if we are cooler, we nap better during the day if we are warmer.
Headphones are not required for this session, but you might find using them helps to block out external noise, especially the over ear type.
- Mp3 player – Plugin external speakers to your mp3 player/iPod or use a music docking station.
- Laptop – A laptop can be easily used in your bedroom, but we recommend the use of external speakers, as the laptop speakers are usually not powerful enough, to hear the entrainment beats effectively.
- CD/DVD Player – If you have access to a CD/DVD player in the bedroom, you can burn the mp3 track onto a disc and use that.
- Standard Headphones – Although not always suitable while sleeping, you can try using either the smaller ‘in-ear' earphones or the bigger ‘over ear' headphones. This will depend on what you have available and the level of comfort you require.
- Recommended Headphones – If you find your existing headphones uncomfortable to use while napping, there are headphones on the market specifically for use while sleeping. The ones I like to use are called ‘SleepPhones'. They consist of a headband with flat speakers embedded inside, which you wear over your head during sleep. They are very comfortable for using while in bed or lying down.
Get a package discount here when you purchase Theta Power Nap with Deep Delta Power Nap (60 minutes).
Deep Delta Power Nap works in a similar way to Theta Power Nap, but the session is 60 minutes long instead of 30, and the frequencies go down much lower for a deeper power nap.
You might be thinking, why don't I just listen to the 60-minute version for 30 minutes? A key part of these power napping sessions is the way they raise the frequency towards the end of the track. If you napped for 30 minutes while using the 60-minute session, you would finish your nap while your brainwave frequency is still down at 2Hz in Delta. This would effectively be like being woken in the middle of the night, during a deep sleep and would result in a higher level of sleep inertia and grogginess.
If you plan on power napping for different time periods, depending on what time you have available, it's important to use the right session to match the time you plan on napping for.
Get both power nap products for $7.95 – a saving of $1.95