Sometimes your mind just will not relax at bedtime, as thoughts, ideas and worries continuously flow in and out of your conscious brain. Just when you think you're almost getting off to sleep, another thought comes flying back into your head from nowhere and you're back to square one.
Before your body can even consider getting off to sleep, your mind must begin to shut off and enter a relaxed state.
How Better Sleep For Chattery Minds Works
This isochronic tones session works a bit differently to my other Sleep Induction track. This track begins at 9.5Hz, and guides you down to the Schumann Resonance frequency of 7.83Hz in high Theta (12 minutes), which is an incredibly effective frequency for deeply relaxing you.
When you mind is on fire with thoughts it can take longer to get yourself relaxed. So instead of trying to bring you down to Delta sleep too quickly, you are stimulated with this 7.83Hz frequency for 40 minutes. Most of the time your body will take itself off to a deep sleep state before this 40-minute mark is reached.
At 40 minutes the frequency starts to ramp downwards to a 1Hz deep Delta state, which is reached at 45 minutes. The frequency stays at 1Hz for the remaining 15 minutes of the track, helping to ensure you stay in this deep sleep state.
Wake Up During The Night?
If you find yourself waking up during the night with your mind instantly full of thoughts, use this track to help get you back off to sleep.
7 Different Background Tracks Included
You get the 7 Mp3s listed below, so you can choose the sound that suits your mood. Each contains the exact same frequency session, but with an alternative background option.
Here is a short demo of each version:
|Brown Noise:||Brown Noise|
|Classical Ambience:||Classical Ambience|
|Light Ambience:||Light Ambience|
|Tranquil Ambience:||Tranquil Ambience|
|Whale sounds:||Whale sounds|
|Just Tones (no soundtrack):||Just Tones|
Note: Laptop speakers are usually too small to produce enough bass to hear the entrainment tones effectively. So for better sound quality and results, we recommend using external speakers or headphones.
Download the full high-quality Mp3 versions of Better Sleep For Chattery Minds and listen to them anytime you wish on:
- Cell/Mobile Phones
- iPad, iPods etc.
- Mp3 player
- Or burn them to a CD
* Note: You will not be able to download the mp3 music files ‘directly' to iPhones or iPads because of limitations with those devices. For info on how to get the MP3 file onto iPhones and iPads, please click here.
- This track is designed to be listened to when you are ready for sleep at night.
- Get into bed, lie down and start the track.
- Close your eyes and begin to relax.
- If taking a power nap during the day, find a comfortable place to sit or lie down, that is free from distraction and as quiet as possible.
- DO NOT PLAY THIS TRACK ON LOOP/REPEAT – The track starts at a higher frequency and ends in a very low one. So if you play it on loop/repeat, the drastic change in frequency level will jump and startle you, as the track re-starts at the higher frequency. This is likely to wake you up, so just set the track to play once.
Headphones are often used for audio entrainment, but this may be difficult for some people during sleep. You have a few options open to you.
- Mp3 player – Plugin external speakers to your mp3 player/ipod or use a music docking station.
- Laptop – A laptop can be easily used in your bedroom, but I recommend the use of external speakers, as the laptop speakers are usually not powerful enough, to hear the entrainment beats effectively.
- CD/DVD Player – If you have access to a CD/DVD player in the bedroom, you can burn the mp3 track onto a disc and use that.
- Standard Headphones – Although not always suitable, you can try using either the smaller ‘in ear' earphones, or the bigger ‘over ear' headphones. This will depend on what you have available and the level of comfort you require.
- Recommended Headphones – for bedtime use, I like to use a product called ‘SleepPhones‘. They consist of a headband with flat speakers embedded inside, which you wear over your head during sleep. They are very comfortable for using while in bed.